Thursday, January 12, 2006

Peter Smith Reporting from Sri Lanka

Today i taught my first lesson ever, Sri Lanka or anywhere else. I was very nervous going in though this was mixed with a bit of excitement. I was all set yesturday but the 8th graders were down at the school grounds doing athletics. I was suppose to be teaching in this beautiful open classroom on the bottom floor of the newest building here, but the side with the chalkboard was taken and was forced to locate a lecture hall on the 2nd floor of another building. It was strange to have my first lesson be in a large lecture style room, especially since it was only about 20 8th graders. Everything went well though. This school is so nice and all the children are very smart and eager to talk and learn from us. I look foward to teaching more classes here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home